Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Advantages and Disadvantages of Coal as a Energy Source


 Advantages: 

- It's easily transported to many areas in the world

- Inexpensive to buy on open market due to large reserves and easy access ability 

- Coal is the least expensive fossil fuel because it is rather simple to mine

- Coal powered generation scales well, which makes it possible to build a variety of sizes of generation plants

-Since coal is a fossil fuel, it can be used to build power stations almost anywhere as long as there are 
large amounts of it


Disadvantages:

- Coal must be mined and and strip mining ruins habitats

- Underground coal mining is dangerous because cave-ins and explosions are common which in turn, costs many miners their lives 

- Non-renewable and fast depleting 

- Leaves behind harmful remains which harm the environment upon combustion

- Mining of coal creates unstoppable damage to the environment

- Coal will eventually run out



21 comments:

  1. thank you so much you helped me a lot with my school project love u!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks i am working on a proposal to the state governor about energy sources

      Delete
  2. please visit my blog as well, its oplel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks guys really helpful for my school project simple and easy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this was very helpfull

    ReplyDelete
  6. ehhh needed it for my home work cus im lazy ^.^
    ^~^

    ReplyDelete
  7. helped a lot for my project thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Coal must be mined and and strip mining ruins habitats" I will give you a cookie if you find what is wrong with this statement. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing these really interesting facts - really developed my knowledge! http://dnevnenovine.rs/2013/vesti/10/mineco-tendenciozna-kampanja-protiv-nas/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you soooo much, you've helped me with research for my assignment. This website is alos very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to share a testimony on how mr benjamin helped me with loan of 2,000,000.00 USD to finance my marijuana farm project , I'm very grateful and i promised to share this legit funding company to anyone looking for way to expand his or her business project.the company is funding company. Anyone seeking for finance support should contact them on lfdsloans@outlook.com Mr Benjamin is also on whatsapp +1-989-394-3740 to make things easy for any applicant. 

    ReplyDelete